Contributors

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chemical Rush!

It was a typical Thursday noon..mid-way through work, and a tingling pre-TGIF feeling in the air. Some of the crankiness that prevailed during the earlier part of the week has since dissipated. Had lunch as usual with friend, just as we left the food court, she decided to give vent to a craving for chocolates she had been putting off for days.

Now I, for one, don’t have much of a sweet tooth. Have always frowned somewhat upon the chocolate lovers. Disdain and contempt for the chocaholics has always been my thing. Guess it was time the tables turned. I looked around, and there it was, neatly packaged to trap the innocent and the unsuspecting. Fell prey to the allure of all things flashy and velvety. Bourneville beckoned. Seduced by undeniable Dark Charms, went ahead to buy a dose of the supposed elixir of happiness. Or perhaps I had _earned_ it by denying myself the pleasure of all things carbs, fat, sweet and calorific the past few months. Hmmm.

As I walked back to my cubicle, popped one chunk in. And then another. And another. And another. Until I had finished up the entire pack. And was left craving for more. Only the ridiculosity of it and possibility of a tummy ache the morning after kept me from getting another one. Looks like I have thing for 6-packs :P

What followed was what I had thought to be merely a myth propagated by choco biggies to sell themselves better. Experience told me otherwise. The endorphin rush surely did paint the world in a better hue. Or gave me rose-tinted glasses. Either way, felt myself taking a brighter view of things I had cribbed about earlier. It began to seem like one of those days when everything seems to go your way. Talk about instant gratification :P

That sure has made me gain a whole new perspective about things -the profound and the mundane we snort at without giving them a second look..who’d think a bar of chocolate could give you that much-needed whack on the head.’:-

The Aztecs were known to trade with cocoa beans..Boy! They sure did mix business with pleasure! And if that were a crime, the Aztecs sure were one helluva guilty lot :P

1 comment:

  1. Heh yeah dude..One bar of almond chocolate and I am on high too :P
    Aztecs lol!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Add Your Blog Blog Topsites
Promote Your Blog
Free Blog Directory
Blogs Blog Tools Allie Marie